Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sara Evans - Stronger

Sara Evans has released her first full Studio album since 2005 with her new album "Stronger". Stronger is a fairly small release, with only 10 tracks (11 if you get the Itunes Bonus Edition). I expected there to be a few more tracks, seeing that Evans's fans waited 6 years for this album. The overall theme of this album is the "aftermath" of the ending of a relationship.

Sara returns with her first single "A little bit Stronger", sounding more comfortable and confidant than she usually does. Stronger is a slow ballad, well-written and well-performed by Evans. Her voice fits this style more than it does any other, and that is no doubt why she was able to bring this great song to #1.

Even though this album has a small number of tracks, Evans helped make up for it by avoiding any "bad" tracks. The worst she picked were a few uninteresting tracks, with an equal number of great tracks.

 The second single from this album, "My Heart Can't Tell You No", should do well on the charts. This song is about a girl who's love is in love with someone else but keeps returning to her, followed by the moving chorus "When the one you Love's in love with someone else, don't you know it's torture, I mean it's a living hell. No matter how I try to convince myself this time I won't lose control. I look up in your blue eyes, and suddenly my heart can't tell you know." Evans could make this song quite a bit better if she were to use more dynamic contrast, but it is very good.

"Alone" is a ballad with a combo of great words and great tunes and chords. Evans set high hopes for this song, saying "There's a song called 'Alone' that is going to be the third single. It's a very country ballad, but I'm telling you, that song ... I have such high hopes that this song can really change my career". I don't think this song will do much as far as changing her career, but it should do well if released as a single.

Sara Evans should have put a little more into "Stronger", seeing that it marks her return to the music business - but what was put into Stronger was very good and is a great addition to any country fans music collection.